- 250g block of firm tofu, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves, finely crushed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the tofu together in a bowl to make the marinade.
- Add the tofu and ensure it's well coated in the marinade.
- Leave to marinade for at least 2 hours, but it's best left overnight.
- Place the tofu on a baking tray, spooning any left over marinade over the pieces.
- Bake in an oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes, then turn the tofu and bake for a further 10 minutes. When turning the tofu, spoon any remaining marinade over it (this is basting it).
- Serve once the tofu is golden brown.