- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tin of black eyed beans, strained to remove the liquid
- Fry the onions in the oil over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the stock cube, puree, paprika and chilli powder to the onion and mix well.
- Let this cook for a minute or so to get the flavours to infuse.
- Once it's started sizzling add the black eyed beans and stir so that all the beans are coated in the tomato mix.
- Turn the heat right down and leave to heat through for 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes to make sure it doesn't stick.
- This can be served immediately or kept warm over a low heat until you're ready to serve it.