- 125g butter or ghee
- 1 or 2 dried chilis
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced into 1cm slices
- 6 medium carrots, washed and cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 30ml water
- Melt the butter/ghee in a big pan. Use your fingers to crumble the dried chilli into it.
- Add the onions and leeks to the pan and stir well. Fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and stock cubes (crumbling them up with your fingers as you add them). Stir well and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Sprinkly the curry powder, turmeric and coriander over the top of the ingredients in the pan and mix well.
- Pour the tomatoes into the pan and use the 30ml of water to rinse out the rest of the tomato juice from the tin. Add this tomato water to the pan as well.
- Stir well and then place a lid over the pan. Simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice, naan and the usual accompaniments.