- 12 sticks of rhubarb, washed and cut into 1cm pieces
- 6 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the rhubarb in an oven proof dish such as a roasting tin.
- Sprinkle the sugar, lemon juice and water over the top of the rhubarb.
- Stir the rhubarb well to ensure it's got an even coating.
- Cover the dish with foil, squeezing the edges down to make sure you have a good seal.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold, on it's own or with a creamy sauce such as custard or yoghurt.
Serves 6 to 8.