- 350g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp dried majoram
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and fry over a medium heat. Stir frequently
- It should take about 15 to 20 minutes for all the mushrooms to cook down and turn from white to a dark grey colour.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes to remove some of the liquid.
- Take the pan off the heat and let it cool for half an hour.
- Use a blender to make the mixture into a thick paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and then place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Ideal served with toast or savoury biscuits.