- 400g brussel sprouts, washed
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 blocks of medium egg noodles
- 50g cashew nuts, chopped in half
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Put on a large pan of water for the noodles.
- Carefully cut the tough end off each sprout and peel off one or two layers of skin to get at the fresh skin below.
- Chop the sprouts in half (so that the blade goes splits the stalk in half, otherwise one half will fall apart).
- Place the sprouts in a large roasting tin.
- Mix the sugar, lemon juice, soy sauce, water and ginger in a cup until well mixed.
- Pour the lemon juice mixture over the sprouts and make sure all of them have a good coating.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook as per instructions. Once cooked drain immediately, add a few drops of oil, mix well and then put to one side in the pan with a lid on.
- Shift the roasting tin from side to side so the sprouts are one layer deep on the bottom on place in the oven.
- After 10 minutes remove from the oven, add enough water to clean off the sticky sugar solution and stir well so that all the sprouts are coated again.
- Return to the oven for another 10 minutes and again add just enough water to clean off the glazed sugar from the pan. Add in the cashew nuts, stir well and return to the oven.
- Leave the cashews and sprouts roasting in the oven for a further 10 minutes and then remove them.
- Add a bit water to deglaze the dish once again and then mix with the noodles and serve.