- 1 swede, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 carrots, washed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp harissa paste (or finely chopped chili if you can't find harissa paste)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 20g almonds, finely chopped
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Toss the carrot and swede in the sunflower oil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Fry the onion in the olive oil over a medium heat until soft. Use a large saucepan with a lid or, ideally, a tagine if you own one.
- Add the coriander, cumin, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, harissa and honey to the onion pan and mix well.
- Add the vegetable stock and the roasted carrot and swede and stir well.
- Turn the heat down low, put the lid on the pan and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of cous-cous.