This was a quick and simple way to use up a bit of leftover plastic/processed cheese, but would work with more flavoursome cheeses as well.
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 85ml hot water
- 1 tsp marmite
- 2 slices of cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, mustard and sunflower oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine the water and marmite in a cup and mix until the marmite is disolved.
- Add most of the water to the dry ingredients and mix in a bowl. Add just enough water to get a sticky dough.
- Kneed the dough for a few minutes and it should start to dry out and become firmer.
- Split the dough into two lumps and roll out each lump into a flat disc about 1/2 cm thick.
- Place a slice of cheese in the middle of each disc and fold the edges of the dough over, using water on the edges to seal the joins together.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until nice and crisp.
- Serve with some pickle or chutney.