- 1 tsp fast action yeast
- 375g strong wholemeal flour
- 100g soya flour
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 30g butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 330ml warm water
- Either combine the ingredients together in a bread maker and set it to make a medium sized loaf or do the following steps by hand:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon until a dough forms.
- Kneed the dough for three minutes on a floured surface and then place it somewhere warm for 30 minutes.
- Kneed the dough for a further three minutes and then return to the warm place for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees.
- Kneed the dough one last time and then put it into a greased bread tin or onto a greased baking tray.
- Leave to rise for 10 minutes while the oven heats up.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until the crust is nicely browned.