- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 5 carrots, peeled and thinly chopped
- 100g tomato puree
- 250ml water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 heads of broccoli, washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 300g fusilli pasta
- 100g grated cheese
- Put on a large pan of water to boil for the pasta.
- In a separate saucepan put in the tomatoes, oil, chilli powder, carrots, tomato puree and water.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat the tomato mixture over a medium heat and simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes.
- By this time the water for the pasta should be boiling, so add the pasta to the water.
- At the same time add the broccoli to the tomato mixture and mix well.
- Put the oven on to preheat to 170 degrees.
- Cook the pasta for 15 minutes and then drain.
- In a large ovenproof dish combine the pasta with the tomato and broccoli mixture and mix well.
- Top with the grated cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is nice and golden.