- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pak choi, outer leaves removed, washed and cut into 1cm strips
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm lengths
- 4 beetroot, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 150ml crème fraîche
- 100g Shropshire Blue (or other blue cheese) finely chopped
- Put the onion, pak choi and olive oil in a large sauce pan and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes (or until soft).
- Add the carrots and beetroots to the pan and stir well. Add 50ml of water.
- Place lid on pan and let simmer for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes and add more water if it's starting to get dry.
- After the 30 minutes add the crème fraîche and blue cheese and stir until well mixed.
- Continue to stir every 30 seconds or so until all the blue cheese has melted into the sauce.
- Serve on it's own as a complete dish.