- 6 sausages
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 large (or 2 small) cabbage(s), washed and roughly chopped with hard core removed
- 6 potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1 cm cubes
- 250ml white wine
- 250ml water
- Brown the sausages in a large and deep pan with a fitting lid.
- Remove the browned sausages and put to one side.
- Fry the onion and celery in the oil until soft.
- Add the cabbage and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the potatoes, water and wine and reduce to a simmer.
- Stir well and then place the sausages on top of the cabbage and put the lid on.
- Let the pan cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Don't take the lid off to look or you'll let all the good flavours out. However it's important to use a very low heat so that it doesn't burn or boil dry.
- Serve straight onto plates from the pan to minimise washing up.