- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 stock cube
- 5 vegetarian frankfurters, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 150g french beans, doesn't matter if they're frozen or not
- 800ml boiling water
- 1 tsp sage
- 300g self-raising flour
- 100ml red wine
- Fry the onion in the oil until golden brown.
- Add the stock cube, frankfurters, beans, water and sage to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- While that's heating up, mix the self-raising flour with the wine in a bowl until a stiff dough forms.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls.
- Add the balls of dough to the top of the stew and place a lid on the sauce pan.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, turning the dumplings after 10 minutes so that they are cooked on both sides.
- Serve on a plate or in bowls.
Serves 3 to 4.