- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 scotch bonnet chili, very finely chopped (coat your fingers in oil to stop them stinging when handling this chili)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tin kidney beans. drained
- 350g mushrooms, washed and chopped into 1cm to 2cm pieces
- 1 packet of fajita spice mix
- 8 flour tortilla
- Favourite fajita garnishes, such as grated cheese, salsa, yoghurt, shredded lettuce
- Fry the onion and chili in the oil over a medium heat until the onion starts to go soft.
- Add the kidney beans, mushrooms and fajita spice mix and stir well.
- Cook everything for 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes to stop it sticking.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 40 seconds before serving to make them softer.
- Serve with everything at the table so that people can construct their own fajitas.
Serves 2 to 3.