- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 florets of broccoli, washed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 blocks of halloumi, about 250g each, sliced into 1/2 cm slices
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 500g riccioli pasta
- 75g grated mozzarella
- Put on a large pan of water to boil for the riccioli pasta.
- Put the tomatoes, broccoli, chilli powder and vinegar into a different saucepan and bring to a simmer on a medium heat.
- Turn the heat on the tomatoes down to keep it just at a simmer and cover. Leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Fry the halloumi in the olive oil over a medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side. Be sure to move the halloumi around a bit so that it doesn't stick. When it's nice and golden remove it from the pan and leave to cool.
- Once it's cooled enough to handle, chop the halloumi into 1cm pieces.
- When the pasta water is boiling add the riccioli pasta and cook as per the instructions on the packet.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Drain the pasta once it's cooked and combine with the tomato sauce and the halloumi in an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the top is nice and crisp.