- 1/2 french loaf, cut into 1cm to 2cm squares
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Use your hands to gently mix all the ingredients together to make sure all the bread has a coating of oil. Don't be too rough or you risk squashing the bread.
- Spread out one layer thick on a baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bread has a nice golden colour.
- Serve with a variety of soups.
Makes enough croutons for 2 to 4 bowls of soup.