- 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 4 parsnips, washed and cut into 2cm pieces.
- 2 dried chilis, finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 nodules of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 650ml vegetable stock
- 150ml milk
- 40g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Melt the ghee/butter in a large pan.
- Add the parsnips, chilis, onion, ginger and coriander seeds to the pan. Fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garam masala, stock and milk.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Just before it's ready to serve, add the fresh coriander and use a blender to blend it all together.
- Serve in a bowl with some crusty white bread on the side.
Serves 3 to 4.