- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 lump of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 200ml vegetable stock, room temperature
- 8 carrots, washed and sliced into 1/2 cm slices
- 1 tin of pre-cooked tofu, drained
- Fry the onion over a medium heat in a large sauce pan with the sunflower oil until it goes soft.
- Add the flour, ginger, garam masala, curry powder and garlic and mix well. Fry everything, stirring to stop it sticking, for a couple of minutes.
- Add the carrots, tofu and stock to the pan and mix well. It's easiest to add everything except the stock, mix it all around and then add the stock.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, again stirring frequently. The flour will cook and make the sauce considerably thicker, so it's important to stir to prevent lumps forming or it sticking on the bottom.
- Serve with rice.
Serves 2 to 3.