- 300g dark chocolate digestive biscuits, crushed
- 125g butter, melted by heating in the microwave in a cup
- 600g cream cheese, I recommend light to make it a bit 'healthier'
- 140g caster sugar
- juice and zest from 2 limes
- 4 eggs, separated
- 180ml double cream
- 175g raspberries
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the butter until they are really sticking together.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom and sides of a buttered 23cm tin. I recommend using a springform tin, otherwise it's always difficult to remove the cheesecake.
- Place the biscuit tin into the fridge to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, lime juice and lime zest together in a large bowl.
- Mix in the 4 yolks from the eggs and the cream.
- Whip the whites from 2 of the eggs in a separate bowl until they form stiff peaks. (You don't need the other 2 whites for anything).
- Carefully fold the whipped whites into the cheese and cream mixture, trying to not be too violent so the little air bubbles aren't broken.
- Use the edge of a metal spoon to carefully fold and mix the whites into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the biscuit lined tin.
- Place the raspberries onto the top of the mixture. They should slowly sink in as you place them evenly over it.
- Place in the oven (on top of a baking tray to catch any drips or leaks). Bake for 1 hour.
- After the hour is up just turn the oven off and wedge the door slightly ajar to let it cool slowly.
- Once it's cooled in the oven place it in the fridge for at least a couple of hours (preferably overnight).
- Enjoy in small slices, as it's quite filling.
Serves 10 to 12.