- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 6 tomatoes, chopped into quarters
- 3 peppers, cut into thin strips
- 150g mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 400g fresh spinach
- 200g sheets of ready to cook lasagne which doesn't need pre-cooking
- 350g cottage cheese
- 50g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry the onion in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the tinned and quartered tomatoes and peppers and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix the spinach and mushrooms in a big bowl.
- Cook the spinach and mushrooms over a low heat with a tablespoon of water in a large sauce pan. It should only need a couple of minutes until it's started to reduce down into a smaller volume.
- Construct the lasagne in a lasagne dish by doing a layer of half the tomato sauce, followed by half the spinach and mushroom mix. Then a layer of sheets of lasagne, followed by the rest of the tomato sauce then the rest of the spinach mixtures and another layer of sheets of lasagne.
- Finally spread the cottage cheese over the top and sprinkle the mozzarella over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.