- 75g dried soy beans, soaked overnight in plenty of water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 3 sticks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 blocks of medium egg noodles
- 1 tbsp brown miso paste
- Drain the soy beans and add them to a pan with plenty of fresh water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for at least and hour and a half. If using fresh soy beans then you don't need to boil them for more than a couple of minutes, but dried soy beans can make some people ill if not boiled for long enough.
- When the beans have about 30 minutes left, add the onion, coriander seeds, leeks and celery to a small pan with the oil and fry over a medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Heat some water in another pan and cook the noodles as per the instructions on their packet.
- When the onions and leeks start to soften, which should be after about 10 minutes, drain the soy beans and the noodles.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a large sauce pan and add in the tablespoon of miso paste.
- Stir well until all the miso has disolved and serve in bowls.