- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 300g beef style Quorn pieces
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 2 carrots, washed and cut into 2 cm long pieces (with thickness of a few mm)
- 2 blocks of medium egg noodles
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce (if you can only find dark then only add it right at the end)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 150ml water
- Put on a pan of water to boil for the noodles.
- Stir-fry the onion and Quorn pieces over a medium heat in the sunflower oil until they start to brown.
- Add the carrots and continue to stir-fry.
- When the pan of water is boiling, add the blocks of noodles to it and cook as per instructions on noodle packet.
- Mix up the ginger, cornflour, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, tomato puree and water in a mug or small jug.
- After a few minutes of stir-frying the carrots add the cornflour liquid mixture to the wok and mix well.
- Carry on stirring well as the sauce around the carrots and Quorn starts to thicken.
- Drain the water from the noodles when they are done and add to the wok.
- Stir a couple of times to get the noodles well mixed and covered in the sauce.
- Serve in bowls immediately. It's easiest to use forks or chopsticks to move the noodles from the wok to the bowls.