- 4 small carrots, washed and finely sliced
- 25g kale, stalks removed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp sage
- 25g butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 aubergines, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the carrots, kale, garlic, sage and butter in a large bowl.
- Use the end of a teaspoon to scrape the seeds and most of the insides out of the aubergine halves, but leave the outside flesh.
- Finely chop the insides of the aubergine and add about half of it to the large bowl.
- Place the aubergine halves into a large ovenproof dish and fill the aubergines with the carrot and kale mixture.
- Pile any excess carrot and kale mixture on top of the aubergines.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Serve with roast or mashed potatoes.
Serves 2 to 3.