- 200g chocolate digestives, crushed
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 500g cream cheese
- 175g caster sugar
- juice and rind of 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 100ml double cream
- 12 strawberries, washed and cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Mix the crushed digestives and butter together using a blender until evenly mixed.
- Place 12 cupcake liners into a cupcake dish.
- Divide the crushed digestives between the cupcake lines, pressing into a firm layer in the bottom.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese and caster sugar until well mixed.
- Add the lemon juice and rind and mix again.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each egg.
- Once all the eggs have been added stir in the double cream.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cupcake lines.
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- When the cheesecakes are firm turn off the oven and open the door a little, but let the cheesecakes cool in the oven.
- Once the cheesecakes are cooled garnish with the strawberry halves and serve.
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes.