- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 4 drops liquid smoke (about half a tsp)
- 2 dried chillies, crushed into small flakes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 6 or 7 new potatoes, washed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 50g kale leaves, stalks removed and shredded (if you can't get kale then spinach works)
- 1 block of halloumi, cut into 1/2 cm slices
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Add the ingredients other than the halloumi and sunflower oil to a large saucepan.
- Mix well and bring to a simmer on a low heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on, stirring every 5 minutes.
- After 15 minutes heat up a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Fry the halloumi with the sunflower oil in the frying pan for a couple of minutes on each side, or until a nice golden colour.
- Serve on plates with the halloumi on one side and the potato/tomato mix on the other.