- 1 quantity of shortcrust pastry (about 225g if using pre-made pastry)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 150g kale, washed, stalks removed and shredded
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 50g parmesan (or vegetarian hard Italian cheese), finely grated
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Roll the pastry out and line a flan dish with it. You'll want the sides to be about 2 cm deep.
- Fry the onion in the sunflower oil until soft.
- Add the kale and turn the heat down low. Put a lid on the saucepan and leave for 5 to 10 minutes, until the kale has reduced down.
- After the kale has cooked to a dark green mixture at the bottom of the pan, remove it from the heat.
- Add the cream cheese and puree to the kale and mix well.
- Pour cheese and kale mixture into the flan dish and top with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Serves 2, more if served with new potatoes.