- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 stock cube
- 350ml boiling water
- 1 tin red kidney beans, drained
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 drops liquid smoke (about 1/2 a tsp)
- Fry the onion in the sunflower oil in a large saucepan until soft.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla bread or rice. Fresh coriander works well as a garnish.