- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 aubergines, washed, top and bottom removed and cut into half inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g dried pasta
- 75g black olives, chopped in half
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Put on a large pan of water to boil for the pasta.
- Put the oil, garlic and aubergines in a big pan (I prefer a flat bottomed wok) and fry over a medium heat, stiring frequently.
- When the aubergine has nicely browned, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for the time it says on the packet.
- After adding the pasta to the boiling water, add the olives and chopped tomatoes to the aubergines and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer the tomato mixture over a low heat while the pasta cooks (so about 10 to 15 minutes)
- Drain the pasta, season with black pepper and serve with the aubergine sauce spooned oever the top.