- 12 new potatoes (6 per person), washed, any bad bits removed and cut in half
- 4 cloves of garlic (2 per person), peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil (2 per person)
- 2 tsp chopped herbs (1 per person), sage is good, but you can use the same herbs that you've used in the dish the potatoes are accompanying
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until the potatoes are all covered evenly in oil and herbs.
- Take a large piece of greaseproof paper and place 6 potatoes and 2 cloves of garlic in the middle of it.
- Fold the edges of the greaseproof paper into the center and fold over themselves a few times to seal the package shut. If you can't get it to keep shut using just folding then use a couple of staples.
- Place on a baking tray and make the other package(s) with the remaining potatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve on the plate while still wrapped up.