- 1 cabbage, quartered, core removed and sliced into 1/2 cm slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small pieces about 2 cm in length
- 150g penne pasta
- 560ml milk
- 16 green olives, cut in half
- Put the cabbage, olive oil and flour in a large pan.
- Cook the cabbage over a low to medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently to stop it sticking.
- While the cabbage is cooking, put on a large pan of water to boil and add the cauliflower to it.
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta to it and cook as per the instructions on the pasta, probably 12 to 14 minutes.
- When you add the pasta to the boiling water, add the milk to the cabbage pan.
- Stir the cabbage and milk mixture frequently as it heats up to make sure it doesn't stick.
- When the pasta is cooked the milk mixture should have thickened, so drain the pasta and cauliflower and add it to the milk mixture.
- Mix well and then stir in the green olives.
- Serve with grated cheese and ground black pepper to garnish.