- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 large leek, peeled and finely chopped
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 50ml double cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 medium size potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 25g grated cheese
- Fry the onions in the oil over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the chopped leek, mix well and cook with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- In a jug mix the cornflour with a couple of table spoons of the stock.
- When it's a smooth paste mix it with the rest of the stock and the cream.
- Season the stock and cream mixture with salt and pepper and then add it to the leeks and onion.
- Bring to a simmer and then add the potatoes.
- Simmer with the lid on for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls, top with the grated cheese and serve.