- 1 bowl of mashed potato
- enough oil to thinly cover the bottom of your frying pan
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. I recommend using a non-stick frying pan as otherwise you'll find that the crispy potato bits stick to the pan.
- Add the mashed potato to the frying pan and press down so that it's well spread out in the pan.
- Fry for 5 minutes and then turn over. It doesn't matter if it breaks up as you turn over, this will just mean that the crispy bits end up inside the mashed potato.
- After another 5 minutes remove the mashed potato from the pan and place on a plate.
Serves 1 or more, depending on how much mashed potato you have.