- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- juice of one lime
- 2 large mushrooms, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 175g mild cheese, grated
- 8 medium size tortilla
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Put the onion, oil and chilli powder in a large sauce pan and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Add the lime juice and mushrooms and stir well.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Place 4 of the tortilla on a couple of baking trays.
- Once the mushrooms have started to soften, divide the mushroom mixture between the 4 tortillas and spread out evenly on each one using the back of a spoon.
- Divide the cheese between the four tortillas and sprinkle it over the mushroom mixture.
- Place the other tortillas over the top of the cheese and gently press down.
- Put the baking trays in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges of the tortilla start to go crisp.
- Divide each tortilla sandwich isn't quarters and serve with dips such as guacamole.
Serves 2 as a main course, 4 as starters.