- juice of one lime
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- Place all the ingredients other than the avocados into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stones in the middle. If they are fairly ripe then you should be able to scoop the flesh out with a spoon. If they're not ripe enough for that then don't worry, just peel them carefully with a knife and chop them into 1 cm cubes.
- Add the avocado to the onion and tomato paste and blend until no large bits of avocado remain. It's a matter of personal taste, but I prefer a slightly chunky texture, so don't blend until it's entirely smooth. However it's up to you.
- Chill for at least half an hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips to dip or as a topping to quesadilla.
Serves 4 or more, depending on how hungry they are and what there is to dip.