- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 potatoes, cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 parsnips, washed and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 3 carrots, washed and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 6 leaves of kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 3 stock cubes
- 1.5 litre water
- 250g self raising flour
- 125g vegetable suet
- 4 to 6 tbsp cold water
- Fry the onion in the ghee until it starts to brown in a large soup pan.
- Add all the ingredients apart from the flour, suet and tablespoons of water.
- Bring to the boil.
- While it's heating, mix the flour and suet together and then add the tbsp of water.
- Mix the flour and water into a dough and roll into 4 balls.
- Place balls of dough into soup.
- Simmer soup for 20 minutes with a lid on the pan.
- Serve soup with one dumpling per person.