- 150g split yellow peas, soaked overnight in plenty of cold water
- 1 cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, roughly cut
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Drain the yellow split peas and place them in a large saucepan with plenty of water.
- Bring to the boil and boil vigorously for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat down to a simmer and add the cauliflower.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the liquid off the peas and cauliflower and put to once side.
- Blend the onion, tomato puree, turmeric, cumin and oil in a blender until it's a smooth paste. If it's too dry to blend then add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Fry the onion and spice paste over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and cauliflower to the paste and mix well.
- Heat through and then serve with basmati rice.