- 2 sticks of celery, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 6 or 7 medium size potatoes, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 12 leaves of kale, washed, white stem removed and chopped
- 100g Wensleydale cheese, chopped into 5mm pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a pan with a lid (preferably a wok) over a medium heat and fry the celery for a couple of minutes.
- Add the garlic, stock cube, potato and kale to the pan and stir well.
- Reduce the heat a little and place a lid on the pan.
- Cook with the lid on for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to check that it's not sticking or burning.
- Stir in the cheese just before serving so it doesn't have time to melt.
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper.