- 3 small turnips or one large turnip, top and tail removed and coarsely grated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 250g dried pasta
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 50g hard Italian cheese, finely grated
- Put on a large pan of water to boil for the pasta.
- Add the turnip, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper into a large frying pan or wok and stir fry on a medium to high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook as described in the instructions on the packet.
- Add the caster sugar to the turnip and continue to stir fry the turnip while the pasta cooks.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain it and add it to the cooked turnip mixture.
- Add the grated cheese to the pasta and turnip mixture and stir well until the heat has melted all the cheese.
- Serve immediately.