- 275g self raising flour
- 110g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 150g butter, cut into cubes
- 3 bananas, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 125g dark chocolate, roughly chopped (I cut each square into quarters)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Add the self raising flour, sugar and eggs into a bowl and mix.
- Put the milk and butter into a microwave proof jug and microwave for a minute and a half, or until the butter has melted.
- Add the milk and butter liquid to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the banana and chocolate pieces to the batter and make sure they're evenly distributed.
- Place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin and divide the mixture evenly between them. As the chocolate and banana pieces will generally sink to the bottom of the bowl, I make sure each muffin gets a fair share by spooning a tablespoon of mixture into each muffin case before going back to the start and topping up each case.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Once fully cool, store in an airtight container.
Makes 12 muffins.