- 1 cabbage, washed and shredded into 1cm pieces
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into 0.5cm pieces
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 175ml white wine
- 175ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tsp mixed dried herbs
- 75g cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place all the ingredients apart from the cheese into a large and deep roasting tin.
- Mix well so everything is evenly coated.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste and then top with the grated cheese.
- Cover with foil and fold the foil around the edges of the roasting tin.
- Bake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Serve as a main course with boiled potatoes or as a side dish.
Serves 3 as main course, 6 as side dish.