- 4 medium sized carrots, peeled and ends removed
- 4 small to medium potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 75g soft garlic and herb cheese, the sort you get as a slice from a roll
- 2 or 3 sweet peppers, cut in half and de-seeded
- Put on a saucepan of water to boil.
- When the water is boiling add the carrots and potatoes to the water and boil for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Drain the carrots and potatoes when they have had their 15 minutes. Refill the saucepan with cold water to help cool them.
- Once they are cool enough to handle, coarsely grate them into a large bowl.
- Add the chilli powder and cheese to the bowl and mix well.
- Place the pepper halves into a greased baking tray and spoon the cheese, potato and carrot mixture into the peppers.
- Cover the baking tray with foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. They're not very picky about timing, so it's fine to leave them cooking for up to an hour if you prefer your peppers to be softer.
- Serve with some rice on the side.