- 2 small onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 aubergine, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 200g spaghetti
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp capers
- Put on a large pot of water to boil for the pasta.
- Fry the onion in the olive oil in a separate saucepan until soft.
- Add the garlic, chilli, aubergine and tomatoes and simmer gently.
- Put the pasta in the water and cook as per instructions.
- After about 5 minutes, add the olives and capers to the tomato sauce
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the tomato sauce.
- Mix well and serve garnished with freshly milled black pepper.