- 9 medium sized tomatoes, washed
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- olive oil for drizzling
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill (or broiler if you're North American) on a medium/high heat
- Cut each of the tomatoes in half so that the top where the stalk attaches is in the middle of one of the halves.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a baking tray, cut side up.
- Place the garlic slices on top of the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the olive oil over each tomato half, you want a couple of drops on each one.
- Season with ground black pepper.
- Place under the grill/broiler and cook for between 5 and 10 minutes, depending on how long it takes the top to cook nicely.