- 200g dried spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 60g vegetarian hard Italian style cheese (vegetarian Parmigiana)
- 2 heaped tbsp of capers, drained
- Put on a pot of water to boil the pasta in.
- Drop the spaghetti in the pot of water when it's boiling, breaking it in half before adding it to make it easier to eat.
- While the spaghetti cooks, which should be about 12 minutes but check the packet, break the eggs into a measuring jug.
- Add the cheese to the eggs in the measuring jug and whisk with a fork until well combined.
- When the pasta is done, quickly drain it (leaving a bit of water clinging to the pasta) and return it to the same pot it was cooking in.
- Add the egg mixture to the pot containing the pasta and mix well. You don't need to heat it any more, the heat in the pan and the pasta will cook the egg.
- Once the egg has started to firm up, stir in the capers.
- Serve immediately with freshly ground black pepper and more grated cheese.