- 2 leeks, washed, tops and ends remove and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 250ml hot water
- 300g cheddar cheese, grated
- Fry the leeks in the oil in a large sauce pan until soft. This will probably take between 5 and 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Toast the slices of bread in a toaster while the leeks cook.
- Once the leeks are cooked, add the water and stock cube to the leek mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the grill on to high.
- Find a deep oven proof dish and place the slices of toast on the bottom of it.
- Add the grated cheese to the leek and stock mixture and stir until it's all melted.
- Pour the melted cheese mixture over the slices of toast and spread out so that the toast is well covered.
- Place under the grill and cook until the cheese on top is nicely browned.
- Serve immediately so that it's all still warm.