- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pointed cabbage, washed, core removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower or peanut oil
- 150g roasted peanuts (not dry roasted)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine vinger
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 300ml vegetable stock or water and a stock cube
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces
- Put the onion, cabbage and oil into a large saucepan and heat over a medium heat, stirring every so often.
- After about 5 to 10 minutes the cabbage and onion should be starting to soften.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to prevent it from burning on the bottom. If it starts to look a bit dry don't be afraid to add a bit of water.
- Serve in bowls.