- 250g spaghetti
- 600ml cold water
- 75g grated hard cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground blackpepper (or to taste)
- 15 green olives, cut in half
- 2 tsp capers
- Put the spaghetti into a frying pan, breaking it in half using your hands as you do. Doing the breaking over the pan allows it to catch any bits which fly off as it snap.
- Add the cold water and bring the pan to the boil over a high heat.
- As the water heats up you'll need to stir the pasta every so often to make sure it's not sticking to the bottom.
- Reduce to a medium heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Continue to stir every couple of minutes while the pasta cooks. This makes sure it doesn't stick to itself or the bottom of the pan. When it starts to get softer make sure to mix the strands around so they aren't all in a line.
- Take the pan off the heat once the pasta is soft and cooked.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and serve.