- 100g swiss roll, cut into slices
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 1 packet of strawberry vegetarian jelly, enough to make 1 pint
- 1 pint of fresh custard
- 1 can squirty cream to top
- Line the bottom of a large bowl with the swiss roll slices.
- Cover with the frozen raspberries.
- Make up the jelly according to the instructions on the packet (this usually just means mixing it with some boiling water in a jug).
- Pour the jelly over the raspberries while it's still hot and liquid.
- Jiggle the bowl around to make sure that there aren't any air pockets.
- Cover and leave to cool for a couple of hours.
- Place in the fridge and chill for at least 3 hours.
- When you are just about to serve the trifle, pour the custard out onto the top and spread it out into an even layer.
- Finally top with cream and serve.