- 5 whole aubergines
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp tahini
- a pinch of salt
- Pre-heat a grill on a medium-high heat.
- Place the aubergines on a baking tray with sides. Gently prick each aubergine neat the stalk and the end.
- Grill under the grill until the side goes from purple to maroon to blackened.
- Turn the aubergines as each of their sides is cooked.
- When all sides of the aubergines are cooked, remove from the grill and leave to cool.
- Carefully peel the burnt skin off the outside of the aubergine and put the soft juicy insides into a blender.
- Add the other ingredients and blend into a smooth paste.
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve with fresh bread or tortilla chips to dip.