- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 stick celery, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 chilli pepper, finely chopped and seeds removed (or leave the seeds in to increase the heat)
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into eighths
- Fry the onions and celery in the sunflower oil for 5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the chilli pepper, spices and the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it burning on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chopped egg and mix well.
- Serve with rice.